Striped Marlin Expedition
– The Secret Run –
– BAHIA MAGDALENA –
– Itinerary –
Our expedition will begin at the Dive Ninja Expeditions HQ in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. From here we will journey 5 hours north along the beautiful rocky mountains of the Sierra de la Laguna and through the cactus-filled deserts of Baja California Sur to our base camp in a small fishing town on the shores of Bahia Magdalena. We’ll check into our hotel and have our first presentation of the trip followed by a delicious dinner at one of the local restaurants.
October 30th to November 2st
In the next 3 days, we’ll be up early for a full day on the water searching for bait balls and striped marlin so we can get as much time as possible in the water with them. While out on the ocean we’ll also be looking for whales and the other incredible inhabitants of the waters here. We’ve seen humpbacks, grey whales, fin whales, makos, sailfish, tuna, and so much more. On the last day, we’ll head in a little early taking a detour through the local mangroves to visit the natural sand dunes for our expedition closing picnic on the dunes. The mangrove and dune ecosystems here are vastly important to the local area. So much so, that they have recently been deemed a protected area by the Mexican government.
On the final day of the trip, we’ll head back to the Ninja HQ in Cabo San Lucas after breakfast.
50% of all profits from these expeditions are being donated to Nakawe Project to help fund their awesome marine conservation work & research!
ONLY 5 SPOTS
- Transfers from Dive Ninja HQ to base camp and return transport to Cabo.
- 4 nights accommodation in a local hotel on a shared double occupancy basis.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks, & soft drinks on board the boat, dune picnic.
- Park fees.
- All in-water activities.
- Citizen science research activities
- Presentations throughout the week.
- Transfers from/to airport to/from Dive Ninjas HQ
- Rental equipment
- Crew Gratuity (10%-15% of trips price is customary but is at your discretion)
- Local dinners
- 16% IVA (Mexican sales tax).